Enterprise Great Lake Taupo is the lead economic development agency for the Taupo district.
We act to enrich our community through the creation of wealth and jobs for our region by working with business.
Our role is to bring about economic development to provide employment and opportunities for our people by welcoming new businesses and supporting existing businesses.
We do this in many ways – whether you wish to start a business, grow your business, do business or move your business to Taupō, we can help. We can connect you with the person, resource, tools or skills you need - from both the private and public sector.
We assist with a number of key services within the Taupo district and provide direction on how to facilitate business start-up, information and professional advice, including;
- Provide initial information vital to establishing any business enterprise including Biz-Info information
- Connect you to local professional advice including legal and accounting services and information on finance and banking
- Deliver a wide range of seminars and workshops
- Have key contacts within the relevant central government sectors such as the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment and New Zealand Trade & Enterprise
- Can connect you with the right person within the Taupo District Council whether it’s availability of land or regulatory issues
- Publish up-to-date economic information that may be relevant to any specific business sector
- Have strong links to other organisations including Destination Lake Taupo, Towncentre Taupo, Taupo Chamber of Commerce, Tuwharetoa Maori Trust Board and others
- Offer advice and support on project management and Taupo District professionals
- Have key contacts within the main energy providers covering both hydro & geothermal.
- Deliver the Business Mentors New Zealand programme for the area
- Create opportunities for youth by supporting programmes including Young Enterprise Scheme, Taupō Pathways, Taupō Young Professionals Network
- Facilitate The Engine Room – a dynamic networking group for entrepreneurs
- Promote Taupō as a place to do business through the Great Opportunities campaign