Start-up Business Mentoring Programme
Are you a budding entrepreneur?
Got a great business idea, want to know how to turn it into a fully fledged business, and don't know where to start?
Do you need a business plan for funding, and need confidential one to one feedback?
Start-ups require a different approach from a business that is already trading - and we at Business Mentors understand this. For that reason, our Start-up Business Mentoring Programme differs from our standard mentoring offering. The Start-up programme provides six months of accelerated mentoring for people who have a new business idea or are looking for help in starting a new business.
Mentors with experience in business start-ups offer guidance, act as a sounding board, test your thinking, and support you in the development of a robust business plan.
Who is the Start-up Business Mentoring Programme for?
The programme is designed for people who have a business idea and:
- Want to explore the idea in a confidential environment
- Want to know where to start and who to talk to
- Want to put the right foundations in place for their business
- Want to get a plan together
- Get the necessary information and documents together to approach investors to make your idea float
- Want help to understand legal obligations
- Don't want to make easily avoidable mistakes
- Need motivation, confidence and focus
Who are our Mentors?
Our Mentors are experienced business people with expertise in new ventures and have an understanding of the steps needed to get a new business off the ground.
Mentors volunteer their time to work alongside a Start-up client for a six month period, stepping through a 11-point programme and supporting the client to build a robust business plan. Of course there are other potential consequences of the mentoring process – for example the Start-up mentor may identify that additional market validation is needed or may conclude the business idea is flawed.
Mentors will assist you to understand and consider all of the key issues during the mentoring process and to establish an appropriate Business Plan.
If your business plan is already formed we can review, revise and recommend stepping stones to success.
What’s the cost?
Clients pay a $300 + gst registration fee.
After registration there is no further cost during the six-month programme as our volunteer mentors have the desire to help you grow and develop your ideas with their support.
The registration fee helps to cover the operational costs of the programme.
After registration start-up clients receive:-
- Access to an exclusive MYOB offer which includes a 6 month free subscription to MYOB Essentials and your own website, free for one year*
- A free one-year subscription to the New Zealand Business magazine.
- Six months free membership for Taupo Chamber of Commerce & Industry
* MYOB Atlas 2nd year renewal costs between $5 and $30 per month and add you domain name registration for $30 per annum.
If this sounds like you, register by visiting the Business Mentors NZ website Once you have completed the registration we will be in touch with you.